Monday, July 5, 2010

Athfest Rocks My World.

How wonderful it is to return to Athens!
Athens, Georgia is just one of those towns that everyone finds enchanting. Old quirky buildings, a gorgeous campus, blooming magnolias, a well- rounded arts and music scene and an excellent selection of food are just a few of my favorite things about the town. It also helps that I grew up just a few minutes down the road, and graduated from UGA. So I returned home for the 2010 Athfest to exhibit my pieces and listen to 184 local bands!

I was honored with second in show, and met several amazing artists during the three days. I liked one artist's work so much that I bought my first piece of art - starting my own collection. I also met another charming artist who is about to venture to Germany for love. Such a small world.

No comments:

Post a Comment