Monday, September 27, 2010

My Top 10 Inspirations

My Favorite Things. . .

1. Shanty Towns (stacked homes)

2. Indian Garlands: natural forms in general spark my interest: cells, flowers, pods, and trees. The shapes are fascinating.

3. Bower Bird Towers

4. Japanese patterns

5. Japanese prints: Like other artists before me (Van Gogh, Hundertwasser), I am inspired by the line quality and composition of Japanese prints.

6. Chaos : All of my paintings have a sense of ordered chaos. I stack shapes and colors to construct piles or towers. I find myself destroying canvases, rearranging, and creating new compositions, new microcosms.

7. Fairy Tales/ Faerie Tales and Folk Tales/Poetry

8. Hanging chandeliers, Posies: Any form that holds its fragile, yet elaborate, pieces together

9. Fabrics/papers/patterns: stripes are my current obsession

10. Architects with natural forms in mind: Hundertwasser, Antoni Gaudi, and Frank Lloyd Wright.

No comments:

Post a Comment