Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Break

Every once in a blue moon when a good friend comes to visit, I'm able to become a tourist in my own town. Somehow (when I'm hiding in my studio), I forget how many wonderful things there are to do in New Orleans. Here are a few of my highlights from an amazing break from studio life.

1. A visit to the Audubon Zoo . One of my favorite places in New Orleans, the Zoo has incredible landscaping to match its spectacular animals. I especially love the spider monkeys.

2. Strolling down Julia St. to visit the galleries : Arthur Roger, Jonathan Ferrara Gallery, and Soren Christensen.

3. Snug Harbor for Topsy Chapman. Stunning. Watch this clip of Topsy:

4. Buying bread and Chocolate Croissants from the Maple Street Patisserie.

5. Browsing the costumes at Funky Monkey and Fall selections at Fairy on Magazine.

6. A Hornets Game! Who knew I would enjoy professional basketball.

Now . . .back to the studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment