Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Playing Catch Up: Part 1

Playing Catch-Up: Graduate School: MICA

It's hard to believe it has been a year since I finished my thesis show at Maryland Institute College of Art. It was an exhausting but exhilarating two years in Baltimore. While away from my Southern roots, I gained a family of artists and visionaries- people who love to create as much as I do- who never bore when talking about color theory or paint application. I am grateful to be a part of such an incredible group of artists. After two years at MICA, I learned to trust myself and my strange obsessions . . .


Celan Bouillet, Thesis Show, MICA Meyerhoff Gallery 2013

My thesis work was featured on Bmore Blog

VSC Residency

In the Fall, I traveled to Vermont Studio Center in Johnson, Vermont to complete a month long artist residency. I was delighted to receive a full fellowship to attend VSC upon graduation. It was refreshing and a much needed break from city life. I hiked, had long conversations with artists from around the world, and focused on slowing down.  In the studio, I found myself making dozens of detailed drawings and watercolor studies for future paintings. My month in Vermont was exactly what I needed;  I left with armfull of work and a head full of ideas.

    Here Be Dragons, Watercolor on Paper, 22" x 30"

A link to the VSC website:

No comments:

Post a Comment